The Coworker team is always looking for ways to help our community learn, network, scale up their businesses and of course, become inspired!
This year we will be giving 2 lucky winners a free ticket to Startupfest, which will be held in Montreal, Canada, from July 12 -15th.
What is Startupfest:
Startupfest is the largest startup event in Canada. Founded in 2011, it has become the annual gathering at which entrepreneurs, investors, makers, large enterprises, industry veterans, and startup communities chart the course of technology entrepreneurship.
This four-day festival, running from July 12 – 15th in Montreal, Quebec, Canada will bring over 4,500 people together to network, share ideas, and become inspired.
The organizers of Startupfest have worked outside of the box to create a truly unique, memorable and worthwhile event. From panels of Grandmother Judges, to Tent Villages that encourage networking around relevant themes, and elevator pitches in actual elevators — you will leave this event with new perspectives, insights, goals, connections and hopefully capital!
Why you should attend:
- It pays to attend. Literally.
Choose from three pitch competitions to enter including the Best Onstage Pitch, Grandmothers Choice Awards, and the Investment Prize Pitch. Last year over $500,000 in investment prizes were awarded, so trust us, you don’t want to miss out! Click here to learn more about the prizes you could win at Startupfest.
- A tent village hosting themed sectors, demo spaces, pitch competitions, geographic divisions, and four stages including:
– The Keynote Stage: The home of leadership and luminaries.
– The “How To” Stage: Where you’ll learn smart shortcuts, powerful tactics, and how to avoid common pitfalls in marketing, fundraising, development, staffing, and more.
– The “Future Of” Stage: Where you will gain insight into some of the hottest future trends, and critically look at how they could change business, society, and even humanity.
– The Interactive Stage: Where you will find unscripted, candid discussions with experts in every aspect of entrepreneurship.
3. Listen to world class speakers
120 speakers to be exact.
4. Network and become inspired by 4,500 people in attendance
How to get there:
The awesome team at Startupfest has worked out a deal with Air Canada, so people flying in town for the conference will receive a 15% discount on flights to Montreal with the promo code: TRDVYQN1
If flying isn’t your thing, check out all of your other transportation options as well as accommodation recommendations here.
Want a free ticket?
Show us how you #WorkOutsideTheBox on Instagram and we will give 2 of our favourite posts a free ticket to Startupfest 🙂
Here’s how you can qualify:
- Post a photo of yourself (or your laptop) in a cool spot of a coworking space or in a unique location (beach, roof top patio, etc)– really anything that shows off to your friends that you are not stuck in a cubicle from 9-5.
- Use the hashtags #WorkOutsideTheBox and #Startupfest
- Tag us at @coworker
Winners will be announced on Monday, June 26th, so you’ll have 3 weeks to sort out how you’re getting there & where to stay.
Want some extra brownie points? In honour of Canada’s 150th birthday and Montreal’s 375th birthday, if you add some element of Canadian flare we will give you some serious props. Consider this our official submission:
See you on Instagram!